In response to the flooding event developing in New South Wales, Westpac Group continues to offer personalized support to affected customers and small businesses, including loan deferrals of up to three months and a emergency credit card help.
Eligible small business customers can apply for a $3,000 grant per customer group to help with emergency expenses or repairs through Westpac Group’s $2 million Flood Relief Fund launched earlier this year.
Mandy Rutherford, Westpac Group Managing Director, Cash and Transactional Banking, said the bank will continue to support customers as they deal with the continued impact of the floods.
“We know this is a developing situation for residents of affected areas of New South Wales. With many evacuation orders in place, safety must be the top priority. When it’s time to ask for help, we want our customers to know we’re here to help. said Ms. Rutherford.
“It is heartbreaking that many of the worst affected areas have already been flooded several times this year. If you have already received help, do not hesitate to pick up the phone to discuss the options available. We will find a tailor-made solution to help you get back on your feet.
“We have also already helped over 550 small business customers by providing cash grants of $3,000 through our $2 million Flood Relief Fund. We know many businesses have been hard hit, and this assistance remains available for customers in need of urgent access to finance to help with cleanup or repairs,” Ms Rutherford said.
Emergency Assistance for Westpac & St.George Customers:
- Customers affected by home loans can request a repayment deferral of up to three months.
- Customers affected by credit cards can request to defer refunds to their card for up to 90 days.
- Affected customers wishing to purchase replacement property can apply for a personal loan at a reduced interest rate with no set-up fees.
- Removal of interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected customers in difficulty may also be offered a stoppage of all accrued interest on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Customers affected by business loans can request a repayment deferral of up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can apply for loan restructuring without incurring the usual banking facility fees.
- Affected commercial customers with commercial facilities are eligible to receive support, including monthly terminal access fee waivers for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
- Westpac consumer customers can apply online